For your better entry test preparation and better Physics MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post Waves Physics MCQs.
In physics, a wave is a disturbance that transfers energy through matter or space, with little or no associated mass transport. Waves consist of oscillations or vibrations of a physical medium or a field, around relatively fixed locations.
There are 3 types of waves:
Longitudinal waves: Movement of the particles are parallel to the motion of the energy.
Transverse waves: Movement of the particles are at right angles (perpendicular) to the motion of the energy.
Surface waves: Particles travel in a circular motion.
Waves Physics MCQs
1. Waves transmit __________________ from one place to another
2. The waves that require a material medium for their propagation are called
A. Matter waves
B. Electromagnetic waves
C. Carrier waves
D. Mechanical waves
3. The distance between any two consecutive crests or troughs is called
D. Phase difference
4. When two identical travelling waves are superimposed, the velocity of the resultant wave
C. Remains unchanged
D. Becomes zero
5. In vibrating cord, the points where the amplitude is maximum, are called
6. The distance between two consecutive nodes is
7. The distance between a consecutive node and antinode is
8. If stretching force T of wire increases, then its frequency
C. Remains the same
D. None of above
9. A stationary wave is set up in the air column of a closed pipe. At the closes end of the pipe
A. Always a node informed
B. Always an antinode is formed
C. Neither node nor antinode is formed
D. Sometimes a node and sometimes an antinode is formed
10. It is possible to distinguish between transverse and longitudinal waves form the property of
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Waves Physics MCQs