A. Controlled Transistor
B. Controlled Switch
C. Amplifier with higher gain
D. Amplifier with large current gain
- Thyristor can be protected from over voltages by using____________?
- When a large surge current of very short duration flows through a thyristor then which one of the following device will operate to protect the thyristor ___________?
- A thyristor is basically________?
- In John Dewey’s student-centered approach of learning, the role of the teacher is of a____________?
- During which time maximum conduction spreading take place in the thyristor during turn ON?
- A thyristor equivalent of a thyratron tube is a _________?
- 60 thyrsistors are connected in series and parallel to form a 10 KV and 5.5 KA switch. Each thyristor is rated for 1.2 KV, 1 KA. The no. of parallel path are 6. The efficiency of the switch is______________________?
- Leakage current flows through the thyristor in_________?
- A thyristor string is made of a no. of SCR connected in series and parallel. The string have volume and current of 11 KV and 4 KA. The voltage and current rating of available SCRs are 1800 V and 1000 A. For a string efficiency of 90 % let the number of SCRs in series and parallel are a and b respectively. Then the value of a and b will be_____________?
- A thyristor can termed as__________?
- A combination of synchronized leading edge and trailing edge modulation has also been used to control a____________?
- Gate circuit or triggering circuit of a thyristor is