For your better test preparation and better Biology MCQs preparation, in this section, we are posting The Cell MCQs.
The cell is the basic unit of life. The branch of biology which deals with studying the structure and function of the cell is known as cell Biology. Cell biology mainly deals with the physiological properties, metabolic processes, signaling pathways, life cycle, chemical composition and interactions of the cell with their environment.
The Cell MCQs
1. Who coined the term CELL?
C. Robert Hook
D. Both a and b
2. Who opposed the idea the cell is an empty space bounded by the thick wall?
A. Lorenz Oken
C. Robert Brown
D. Rudolph Virchow
3. Who first observed and thus hypothesized that new cells are formed from the previously existing living cell?
A. Theodor Schwann and Schleiden
B. Rudolph Virchow
C. Louis Pasteur
D. Both B and C
4. Resolution power of a compound microscope is
A. 2.0 x m
B. 2-4 A
C. 24 x m
D. 24 A
5. Magnifying power of the electron microscope as compared to the eye is
A. 500 X
6. In cell fractionation various components of cells including its organelles can be isolated in different layers depending upon:
A. Their physical properties like size & weight.
B. Physical properties of the medium like its density.
C. Their electrical properties like their charges
D. Both a and b
7. Percentage of proteins in the cell membrane is
8. Which of the statement about cell membrane is not true?
A. It contains protein molecules embedded in the lipid bilayer
B. It is a differentially permeable membrane.
C. It contains charged pores thus ions being charged particles cross cell membrane much easier than neutral particles.
D. It may get infolded to engulf solid or liquid material.
9. Movement of the material across the cell membrane which does not requiring the expenditure of metabolic energy is called
A. Active transport
B. Passive transport
10. The first layer of the cell wall which is formed is:
A. Primary Wall
B. Secondary wall
C. Middle lamella
D. All of these
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of The Cell MCQs