For your better entry test preparation and better Chemistry MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post S-Block Elements MCQs.
In Periodic table, the s-block elements include hydrogen (H), helium (He), lithium (Li), beryllium (Be), sodium (Na), magnesium (Mg), potassium (K), calcium (Ca), rubidium (Rb), strontium (Sr), cesium (Cs), barium (Ba), francium (Fr) and radium (Ra).
S-Block Elements MCQs
1. The group 1 elements are named as alkali metals because
A. Their oxides are basic
B. Their oxide and hydroxides are water soluble
C. Both a & b
D. They are found in the earth
2. The word Alkali means
B. Basic salt
3. The formula of Chile saltpetre is
C. Ba (NO3)2
4. The elements which are very abundant in earth crust are
A. Si & AI
B. Ca & Mg
C. B & AI
5. The oxides of beryllium BeO is
6. Which element is necessary for normal leaf development?
7. Li is different from its family members due to
A. Small size
B. High charge density
C. Less electropositivity
D. All of the above
8. Carbonates of lithium are not stable like that of sodium due to
A. Low electronegativity
B. Low electropositivity
C. Low charge density
D. Not known yet
9. Nitrates of which pair of elements gives different products on thermal decomposition?
A. Na K
B. Mg Ca
C. Li Na
D. Li Ca
10. Which one of the following is not an alkali metal?
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of S-Block Elements MCQs