For your better entry test preparation and better Chemistry MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post Periodic Classification Of Elements MCQs.
In chemistry, we study the elements with the help of the modern periodic table. The properties of elements are the periodic function of their atomic masses. Periodic classification of elements is the method by which elements are grouped on the basis of their characteristics. We keep the elements which are alike in one group and the rest of the elements in the other group.
Periodic Table contains vertical columns called ‘groups’ and horizontal rows called ‘periods’.
Periodic Classification Of Elements MCQs
1. Elements in the same vertical group of the periodic table have same
A. Number of valence electrons
B. Atomic number
C. Atomic mass
D. Atomic volume
2. An element having a low value of ionization energy and low value of electron affinity is likely to belong to
A. Group IA
B. Group IB
C. Group VIIA
D. Group VIII
3. Which set of elements is listed in order of increasing ionization energy?
A. Sb < As < S < P < Cl
B. Cl < Sb < P < As < S
C. As < Cl < P < S < Sb
D. Sb < As < Cl < S < P
4. Which of the following always increases on going from top to bottom in a group?
A. Metallic character
C. Oxidizing power
D. The tendency to get reduced
5. Which of the p-block elements are not representative elements?
A. Alkali metals (I-A)
B. Group-14 elements (IV-A)
C. Group-18 elements (VII-A)
D. Halogens (VII-A)
6. Among halogens, the highest boiling point is of
7. Which of the following will not form the crystalline structure with oppositely charged ions
8. Which statement is incorrect?
A. All the metals are the good conductor of electricity
B. All the metals are the good conductor of heat
C. All the metals form positive ions
D. All the metals from acidic oxides
9. Periodic table provides a basic framework to study elements with respect to their
A. Physical properties
B. Chemical properties
C. Properties of their compounds
10. The scientist who did not contribute to the construction of the periodic table?
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Periodic Classification Of Elements MCQs