For your better entry test preparation and better Chemistry MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post Liquids and Solids MCQs.
The atoms and molecules in gases are much more spread out than in solids or liquids. They vibrate and move freely at high speeds. In liquids, the particles are less densely packed, giving them the ability to move around and slide past each other. A solid can hold its own shape and is hard to compress. The particles in most solids are closely packed together.
Liquids and Solids MCQs
1. Which of the following has strongest intermolecular forces of attraction?
A. Hydrogen (H2)
B. Chlorine (Cl2)
C. iodine (I2)
D. Methane (CH4)
2. Which has the strongest bonding in the solid state?
A. Hydrogen Chloride (HCI)
B. Chlorine (Cl2)
D. Sodium Chloride (NaCI)
3. When substance moves from a solid to a liquid state all of the following changes occur except
A. Molecules become more disordered
B. K.E of the molecules decreases
C. Intermolecular forces become weaker
D. Molecule become further separated
4. When the atoms of the third layer are arranged in such a way that they directly lie above the atoms of the first layer then this arrangement is called
A. ABAB (hexagonal)
B. ABCABC (Cubic)
5. In order to mention the boiling point of water at 110?C the external pressure should be
A. Between 760 torr and 1200 torr
B. Between 200 torr and 760 torr
C. 765 torr
D. any value of pressure
6. Which one is false for evaporation?
A. Surface phenomenon
D. Cause cooling
7. Vapour pressure of water at 100 degrees C is
A. 55 mm Hg
B. 760 mm Hg
C. 355 mm Hg
D. 1489 mm Hg
8. Which one of the following does not show hydrogen bonding?
B. Ethyl alcohol
D. Diethyl ether
9. Liquid crystal is discovered by
A. William Crooks
B. Fredrick Reinitzer
C. J.J Thomson
10. Which one is a conductor but is not malleable?
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Liquids and Solids MCQs