For your better test preparation and better Biology MCQs preparation, in this section, we are posting Kingdom Plantae MCQs.
The Kingdom Plantae is also known as kingdom Metaphyta. The Kingdom Plantae includes all types of eukaryotic, multicellular, photosynthetic plants found in this biosphere. It comprises of all living or extinct plants. Plants can’t move like animals, so they are sessile. Plants are autotrophs, meaning they make their own food through photosynthesis.
Kingdom Plantae MCQs
1. Which of the following statement about plants is incorrect?
A. All are eukaryotes
B. They are multicellular.
C. Non-motile organisms
D. Are heterotrophs
2. Bryophytes are called amphibians of the plant world because
A. Bryophytes like amphibian ancestors are one of the most primitive organisms in this world.
B. Bryophytes like amphibian live in damp shady places and close to the water body.
C. Amphibians have a close relation with bryophytes in their habitat.
D. All of these
3. Hornworts are included in sub-class
4. Horsetails are included in the class
5. Antheridia and archegonia are born on _____ in bryophytes
C. Both of these
D. None of these
6. In bryophytes, fertilization takes place in
7. Which of the following statement about alternation of generation in bryophytes is incorrect?
A. It involves alternation of morphologically different generations
B. Their gametophyte is independent while sporophyte depends upon gametophyte for nutrition.
C. Both the gametophyte and sporophytes are haploid generations thus can produce haploids gametes to continue the diploid number on fertilization
D. Spore formation occurs through meiosis
8. Antherozoids the male gamete in bryophytes are attracted towards Archegonium i.e. female sex organ by
A. Phototactic phenomenon
B. Chemotactic phenomenon
C. Geotropic phenomenon
D. Chemotropic movement
9. Which of the following of bryophytes is the simplest one?
10. The zygote formed in liverworts is
D. None of these
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Kingdom Plantae MCQs