Group 5A also known as group VA are located towards the right side of the periodic table. Group 5A includes elements like Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P), Arsenic (As), Antimony (Sb), and Bismuth (Bi). Sometimes group 5A is known as Group 15 or Group VA, it just depends on the periodic table you are viewing.
Group 6A also known as group VIA of the periodic table are the chalcogens or the nonmetals like oxygen (O), sulfur (S), and selenium (Se), the metalloid tellurium (Te), and the metal polonium (Po). The name chalcogen is derived from the Greek which means ore former.
Group 5A and 6A Elements MCQs
1. Which of the following is different with respect to physical appearance?
2. Which one of the followings possesses melting point below 0?C?
3. Compounds of nitrogen and phosphorus are mostly
D. All varieties are possible
4. The most electronegative element among the following is
5. SO3 is not absorbed in water directly because
A. The reaction is exothermic
B. It is insoluble in water
C. Dilute acid is produced
D. All of above
6. Phosphene gas will be produced if phosphorous acid is subjected to
D. Both B & C
7. Which of the following will give phosphoric acid one reaction with water
D. All of the above
8. Which one of following is not a property of pure quartz?
A. Coloured solid
D. All of above
9. Phosphorus is a Greek word and it means
A. Light bearing
10. Which of the following does not contain phosphorus?
A. Yolk of egg
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Group 5A And 6A Elements MCQs