For your better entry test preparation and better Chemistry MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post Group 3A And 4A Elements MCQs.
Group 3A also known as group IIIA of the periodic table includes the metalloid boron (B), as well as the metals aluminium (Al), gallium (Ga), indium (In), and thallium (Tl). Boron forms mostly covalent bonds, while the other elements in Group 3A form mostly ionic bonds.
Group 4A also known as group IVA of the periodic table includes Carbon (C), Silicon (Si), Germanium (Ge), Tin (Sn), and Lead (Pb) and is located on the middle-right of the periodic table. All of the group 4A elements are solids at room temperature.
Group 3A And 4A Elements MCQs
1. Boron is non-metal whereas AI is metal. It is due to
A. Small size
B. High nuclear charge
C. Both A and B
D. No authorized justification yet
2. Boron in soil has been considered micronutrient for
A. Soil porosity
B. Proper growth of plants
C. Alkalinity of soil
3. One of the outstanding features of boron is its ability to form
A. Molecular addition compounds
B. Molecular crystals
D. Ionic compounds
4. The substance which is found in dried up lakes of Tibet and California is
B. Boric acid
C. Calcium carbonate
5. Borax is a white crystalline solid and it is
A. More soluble in cold water
B. More soluble in hot water
C. Insoluble in water
D. Soluble only in organic solvents
6. Which of the following does not give Borax bead test?
7. The special feature of borate glass is that it is
A. Heat resistant
B. Low melting
C. Used to prepare the chemical garden
D. Green in colour
8. The metal which is used in thermite process because of its activity is
9. Aluminium oxide is
A. Acidic oxide
B. Basic oxide
C. Amphoteric oxide
D. It does not exist
10. Which of the following shows inert pair effect?
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Group 3A And 4A Elements MCQs