For your better entry test preparation and better Chemistry MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post Chemistry Gases MCQs.
Gas is one of the 4 fundamental states of matter (the others are solid, liquid, and plasma). Gas may be made up of individual atoms, elemental molecules made from one type of atom, or compound molecules made from a variety of atoms.
Chemistry Gases MCQs
1. What is the relative rate of effusion of CO and CO2?
A. CO is 1.25 times faster than CO2
B. CO is 3.75 times faster than CO2
C. CO is 1.25 times faster than CO
D. Both diffuse at the same rate
2. Which of these gases diffuse more quickly than oxygen?
3. Which of the following is not considered as an intermolecular force between molecules?
A. Coordinate covalent bonds
B. Hydrogen bonds
C. Debye forces
D. London dispersion forces
4. The weakest (in strength) of the following intermolecular forces is
A. Hydrogen bonding
B. Vander Waals force
C. Forces among the polar molecules
D. Ionic bond
5. Ideal gasses have all the following characteristics except.
A. The absence of intermolecular forces
B. Collisions among the molecules of an ideal gas are perfectly elastic
C. The molecules occupy no space
D. All of the above are correct
6. Which of the following statements is true about plasma
A. It may be the first state of matter
B. It is not a phase transition
C. It is a conductor of electricity
D. All of the above
7. Which statement is correct
D. All above
8. Under what conditions the gases deviate from the ideal behaviour?
B. Low temperature
D. B and C
9. Which one has the lowest density at room temperature?
10. The introduction of the Kelvin scale in thermometry is according to
A. Boyles law
B. Charles law
C. Daltons law
D. Grahams law
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Chemistry Gases MCQs