For your better test preparation and better Biology MCQs preparation, in this section, we are posting Enzymes MCQs of Biology topic.
The enzyme is a substance produced by a living organism which acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific biochemical reaction. Enzymes speed up chemical reactions in the body but do not get used up in the process. Almost all biochemical reactions in living things need enzymes. With an enzyme, chemical reactions go much faster than they would without the enzyme.
1. Biological molecules (proteins) which catalyze a biochemical reaction and remain unchanged after completion of reaction are called
2. Which statement about enzyme is incorrect:
A. Some of them consist solely of protein with no non-protein part.
B. They catalyze a chemical reaction without being utilized.
C. All enzymes are fibrous Proteins.
D. They without their cofactor are called apoenzyme.
3. In which of the following location enzymes controlling cellular respiration are present?
4. An activated enzyme consisting of the polypeptide chain and a cofactor is called:
C. Activated enzyme
D. Both B and C
5. Which one forms the raw material for coenzymes?
6. A cofactor made of inorganic ion which is detachable is called
A. Prosthetic group
7. Enzymes _________ the activation energy of a chemical reaction
C. Does not effect
D. Increases or decreases depending upon individual enzyme
8. A three-dimensional cavity bearing a specific charge by which the enzyme reacts with its substrate is called
A. Active site
B. Binding site
C. Catalytic site
D. Allosteric site
9. Which step causes the activation of the catalytic site of an enzyme?
A. Change in pH of the surroundings.
B. Formation of Enzyme Substrate complex.
C. Change in the charge of the active site.
D. Change in temperature
10. Lock and Key model was proposed by
A. Emil Fischer
C. Robin Williams
D. Rudolph Virchow
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Enzymes MCQs