For your better entry test preparation and better Physics MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post Electromagnetism MCQs.
Electromagnetism is a branch of physics which deals with the study of the electromagnetic force. The electromagnetic force is a type of physical interaction that occurs between electrically charged particles. The electromagnetic force usually exhibits electromagnetic fields such as electric fields, magnetic fields, and light.
The electromagnetic force is one of the four fundamental forces in nature. The other 3 fundamental forces are the strong interaction, the weak interaction, and gravitation.
1. Magnetic force acting on a unit positive charge moving perpendicular to the magnetic field with a unit velocity is called
A. Magnetic flux
B. Magnetic field intensity
C. Magnetic induction
2. A current carrying conductor is placed in a uniform magnetic field parallel to it. The magnetic force experienced by the conductor is
3. What is the value of the current in a wire of 10cm long at the right angle to a uniform magnetic field of 0.5 Weber/m2 when the force acting on the wire is 5N?
4. When a particle of charge q and mass m enters into a uniform magnetic field B moving with a velocity v perpendicular to the direction for the field it describes a circular path of radius
5. A particle of mass m and charge Q moving with velocity V enters the region of a uniform magnetic field at right angle to the direction of its motion. How does its kinetic energy get affected?
A. Its kinetic energy will be affected
B. Its kinetic energy won’t be affected
C. It’s all energy won’t be affected
D. Its kinetic force won’t be affected
6. Two parallel wires carrying currents in the opposite directions
A. Repel each other
B. Attract each other
C. Have no effect upon each other
D. They cancel out their individual magnetic fields
7. A magnetic compass will be deflected if it is kept near a
A. Charge in motion
B. Charge at rest
8. A magnetic field
A. Always exerts a force on a charged particle
B. Never exerts a force on a charged particles
C. Exerts a force if the charged particle is moving in the direction of the magnetic field lines
D. Exerts a force if the charged particle is moving perpendicular to the magnetic field lines
9. A moving coil galvanometer of resistance 100Ω gives half scale deflection for a current of 20mA. What will be the potential difference across it?
A. 4 volt
B. 5 volt
C. 2 volt
D. 0.4 volt
10. Which one of the following material is most suitable for making core of an electromagnet?
C. Cu-Ni alloy
D. Soft iron
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Electromagnetism MCQs