For your better entry test preparation and better Chemistry MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post Atomic Structure MCQs.
An Atom is a small part of an element that takes part in chemical reactions. It is made up of three subatomic structures called Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons. Electrons are the smallest of the three particles that make up atoms. Electrons are found in shells or orbitals that surround the nucleus of an atom. Protons and neutrons are found in the nucleus. They group together in the centre of the atom.
Atomic Structure MCQs
1. All of the following were theorized by Bohr in his description of the atom except
A. The angular momentum of electrons in multiples of h/2?
B. Electrons revolve in discrete circular orbits
C. The energy of each electron is directly proportional to n2
D. Electrons radiate energy continuously in a given orbit
2. The letters sp d and f are used to represent which quantum numbers
3. The magnetic quantum number (QN) has its values determined directly by the value of
A. Principal (QN)
B. Azimuthal (QN)
C. Spin (QN)
D. Both a & b
4. The atomic number of an element having the maximum number of unpaired electrons in p-subshell is
5. The maximum number of electron in a subshell with? = 3fs
6. The radius of the third shell of H-atom is
A. 5.761 A?
B. 4.761 A?
C. 6.671 A?
D. 3.716 A?
7. When an atom absorbs energy the lines in the spectrum will appear which are
D. Hard to locate
8. Colour of fluorescence produced by cathode rays depends upon
D. Composition of glass
9. Which one is not true about cathode rays?
A. 9.11×10-31 Kg
B. Cast shadow
C. Heat up the platinum foil
D. Cannot ionize
10. Positive rays are produced
A. By burning of gas
B. By cooling of the gas
C. By the bombardment of cathode rays on gas molecules
D. From anode like cathode rays produced from a cathode
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Atomic Structure MCQs