For your better entry test preparation and better Chemistry MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post Aromatic Hydrocarbons MCQs.
An aromatic hydrocarbon is also known as arene or sometimes aryl hydrocarbon. Aromatic hydrocarbon is a hydrocarbon with sigma bonds and delocalized pi electrons between carbon atoms forming a circle. In contrast to aliphatic hydrocarbons which lack this delocalization.
Aromatic Hydrocarbons MCQs
1. The molecular formula of toluene is
2. In benzene sulphonic acid the sulphonic group is attached with benzene ring through
3. Phenanthrene is a fused polycyclic compound contains ______ benzene rings
4. Aniline is a derivative of benzene which contains
A. Imino group
B. Amino group
C. Amide group
D. Nitro group
5. How many electrons are there in benzene to form the delocalized electronic cloud
6. Nitration of chlorobenzene gives
A. o – chloronitrobenzene
B. p – chloronitrobenzene
C. m – chloronitrobenzene
D. A & B
7. When two or more different substituents are attached with a benzene ring the number 1 position in the ring is given to a high priority group. Which one of the following groups has the highest – priority?
8. When benzene is substituted by halogens only which one of the following halogens only which one of the following halogens is given the number one position in the ring while writing the name of the compound?
9. Which one of the following is not a meta directing group?
10. Which pair of groups contains both ortho & para directing groups
A. OH -RCO
B. NR3 -CN
C. OCH3 -CHO
D. N (CH3)2 -NH2
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Aromatic Hydrocarbons MCQs