For your better entry test preparation and better Chemistry MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post Aldehydes and Ketones MCQs.
Aldehydes and ketones are organic compounds which incorporate a carbonyl functional group, C=O. The carbon atom of this group has 2 remaining bonds that may be occupied by hydrogen or alkyl or aryl substituents. If at least 1 of these substituents is hydrogen, the compound is an aldehyde.
Aldehydes and Ketones MCQs
1. Which of the following substance produce acetaldehyde on dry distillation?
C. Both A and B
2. Which of the following will have the highest boiling point?
3. Which of the following reaction is not shown by ketones?
A. Reaction with HCN
B. Reaction with NaHSO3
C. Reaction with 2 4 dinitrophenyl hydrazine
D. Reaction with Fehling solution
4. The carbon atom of the carbonyl group is
A. Sp hybridized
B. Sp2 hybridized
C. Cp3 hybridized
D. Dsp2 hybridized
5. Which of the following substances does not give iodoform test?
B. Ethyl alcohol
C. Methyl alcohol
6. Formalin is _______ % solution of formaldehyde in water
7. Which of the following aldehydes shows rapid reaction with sodium nitroprusside?
8. Acetone reacts with HCN to form a cyanohydrin. It is an example of
A. Electrophilic Addition
B. Electrophilic substitution
C. Nucleophilic addition
D. Nucleophilic substitution
9. Which of the following compounds will react with Tollens reagent?
10. Which of the following reactions may be associated with aldehyde and ketone?
A. Nucleophile addition
D. All of the above
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Aldehydes and Ketones MCQs