For your better entry test preparation and better Chemistry MCQs preparation, in this section, we are going to post Alcohols Phenols and Ethers MCQs.
Alcohols and phenols are formed when a hydrogen atom in hydrocarbon, aliphatic and aromatic respectively, is replaced by a hydroxyl group (-OR group). In alcohols, -OR group is attached to Sp3 hybridised carbon.
Alcohols Phenols and Ethers MCQs
1. Which one of the following is termed as benzyl alcohol?
2. Which one of the following is also known as the lactic acid?
A. 3-Hydroxy propanoic acid
B. 2-Hydroxy propanoic acid
C. 2-hydroxy butanoic acid
D. 3-hydroxy butanoic acid
3. Which one of the following is also known as the tartaric acid?
A. 2 3-dihydroxy butane 1 4 -dioic acid
B. 2 3 -dihydroxy butanedioic acid
C. 2 3 -dihydroxy butanedioic acid
D. 2 2 -dihydroxy butanoic acid
4. Water gas heated at 450°C and 200 atm pressure in the presence of ZnO+Cr2O3 will produce
C. Carbonic acid
5. The residue obtained after the crystallization of sugar from concentrated sugar cane juice is called
A. Mother liquor
6. The formula of starch is
7. The process of fermentation of starch involves many enzymes the sequence of enzymes used are
8. The rectified spirit contains
A. 12% alcohol
B. 90% alcohol
C. 95% alcohol
D. 100% alcohol
9. K2Cr2O7/H2SO4 generate
C. Nascent oxygen[O]
D. Nascent hydrogen[H]
10. The oxidation of isopropyl alcohol will yield
D. Propanoic acid
Click On Below Page Numbers To Go To Next/Previous Page of Alcohols Phenols and Ethers MCQs